Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936-1963. He was first registered as a dentist on 30 March 1904 and practised in North Fitzroy and Ivanhoe. He served as dentist with the AEF and British forces in England and France 1917-1919 and is recorded in the history of the Royal Australian Army Dental Corps. The plaque indicates the location of a prominent practitioner. On his return, Jenkins' practice was located at 151 Collins Street from 1919 to 1938, before moving to 33 Collins St in 1939, where he stayed until 1963. The plaque was displayed at one or both of these locations.
Rectangular brass name plate, one recessed screw hole per corner, used by Harry Jenkins for his dentist practice, Collins St, Melbourne.
Inscriptions & markings
Front: "E.H. JENKINS / DENTIST"
Reverse: "SRIATS RU" (UR STAIRS backwards)