Booklet - S.E.C.V. - Electric Frypan Cooking
From the Collection of Kiewa Valley Historical Society Mount Beauty Information Centre 31 Bogong High Plains Rd Mt Beauty Vic
- Purple, black and white 16 page booklet with a cardboard cover and held together with 2 staples. The red title is at the top of the cover and below, in black, a plate, knife and fork with a purple and black lace background.
- 16.5 cm x 23.25 cm
- KVHS 0790
- state electricity commission of victoria. cooking. electrical appliance. food. electric frypan.
- The State Electricity Commission of Victoria's Home Advisory Service prepared this booklet to advise and inform women on the use of cooking with an electric frying pan. The SECV sold electrical appliances at their showrooms throughout regional Victoria, one of which was located at Mt Beauty.
- The SECV constructed the Kiewa Hydro Electric Scheme employing many workers. They built the township of Bogong and Mt Beauty and assisted with the infrastructure to support the influx of population. In the Mt Beauty shopping centre, one of the shops was the SEC Showroom which sold electrical appliances and gave advice on their uses. This booklet gives advice and information on electric frypans.
- Cover: Prepared by the Home Advisory Service of the SECV.
- 27 Jul 2017 at 9:09PM