The Tawonga branch of the C.W.A. commenced on the 7th Feb. 1946 and often combined activities with the other branches in the Kiewa Valley. The C.W.A. aimed to improve health, welfare and education for women and children in the country.
Women living in Tawonga were mostly on farms and, in 1946, when the branch commenced would have been feeling more remote with WW11 having had an effect of available workers and the well being of the women and children. This tea towel would have been used at a later date possibly for fund raising as the group continued to meet and work together.
This large blue green, yellow, brown and black with a white border, linen, tea towel has the CWA logo in the middle with pictures of handcrafted items surrounding it. Along the bottom is printed: "Handicrafts / of the / Country Women's Association of Victoria."
Inscriptions & markings
Handicrafts / of the / Country Women's Association of Victoria - along the bottom
Pure Irish Linen - bottom left
Dummay - bottom right