News Papers, The Herald and The Argus
From the Collection of Geelong RSL Sub Branch 50 Barwon Heads Road Belmont Victoria
- Two News Papers, oblong, buff colour, paper.
- ww2, news papers, the herald, the augus
- The two News Papers are the Victory Editions of 15 August 1945 announcing Victory in the Pacific. 15 August each year is the celebrated date of VP day and commemorates the acceptance of unconditional surrender on 14 August 1945, it meant for Australians that WW2 was over. The Herald advises that the surrender was announced by the British Prime Minister Mr Attlee.
- 15 August 1945
- The Herald (News Paper Printers), The Argus (Makers of News Papers)
- These two News Papers are the originals as printed on 15 August 1945, that announced Victoria in the Pacific. The surrender was announced by the British Prime Minister Mr Attlee from London.
- The Herald dated 15 August 1945, 16 Pages and the Argus dated 15 August 1945, 20 Pages.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:12AM