Historical information

The house was built by William Richardson who went to live at Rhyll in 1876. His father, Joseph, owned the land. Joseph had arrived on Phillip Island in 1868 when the first land sale took place. Charlie, William's son, grew up in the house with his parents, brothers and sisters.

Physical description

Coloured photograph showing the kitchen at William Richardson's house in Rhyll.