Seaworks Maritime Discovery Centre, Williamstown
Framed scan of two newspaper articles from "The Williamstown Chronicle"
Inscriptions & Markings
Article 1: "The Williamstown Chronicle 20 September 1856/ Floating dock, Williamstown. To Shipowners and Commanders./ This Dock is now in working order/ and capable of docking ships of 800 tons. Apply to DOVE and Oswald, 95/ Wharf Melbourne. 94."
Article 2: "25 July 1857/ The Willaimstown Chro/ Ship Chandlery/ Nelson Parade/ Dove and Oswald/ Beg respectfully to acquaint their friends that they have bought the Stock in Trade of Messrs,/ Probert, Verdon and Co Ship CHandlers abd Proviso of Merchants Neslon Parade, Williamstown;/ stores in Melbourne have opened them as:/ SHIP CHANDLERS/ Sailmakers, Iron mongers, Grocers and Provision Merchants/ The tug steamers "Hercules," "Black Eagle" and "Samson"/ Under the charge of competent masters, are at all times available for work in the River and Bay and to/ take Vessels to or from the Heads or Geelong. Orders for the Steamers left in Melbourne,/ Willaimstown, or on board the Sir W Molesworth, hulk, will have prompt attention,// The floating dock, off Williamstown,/ Capable of Docking Vessels of 800 tons register is in efficient working order. Full particulars of charges/ will be furnished at the Office in Melbourne./ Coals/ A large supply of which is kept on board the Sir W Molesworth, hulk, can be supplied on the shortest / notice to steamers, sailing vessels or on shore; orders aken at either of the stores or by Mr/ McCallum, on board the hulk.