Photograph - Sawbridgeworth c.1895
From the Collection of St Matthews/Wiseman House Archive cnr Widford Street & Melbourne Ave Glenroy Victoria
- Black & white photograph of front facade of Sawbridgeworth House with people in a horse and buggy.
- 19cm x 23.5cm
- wiseman, st. matthew's
- Sawbridgeworth was built in 1887 by Arthur Wiseman. The house was named after the little English village in Hertfordshire where the Wisemans had lived for hundreds of years. Arthur's brother, Albert, built his mansion, called Ashleigh, which also fronted Widford Street. Wiseman House is located alongside St. Matthew's Anglican Church.
- Wiseman House is an important building in Glenroy's and St. Matthew's history.
- Copied with permission
- 16 Jun 2017 at 3:38PM