Henry Youle Hind (BD 10/11/1894), son of Dalzell Hind, Victoria Ave., Ballarat, entered the school in 1910 as a 16yo. The Senior Cup was a prestigious award for the winning athlete at the Ballarat College annual sports program. From 1884 College Cups were donated by the Old Collegians Association for the outstanding athlete amongst ‘present boys’ and ‘past boys’. It is obvious from written records Two cups were awarded to students – a Junior Cup and a Senior Cup. One cup was awarded to the outstanding Old Collegian athlete each year. This particular trophy was returned to the school and used as a House competition Cup in the Senior Boys Boarding House during the 1980s. After 1980 the trophy was removed from the Boarding House by persons unknown but returned during the 1990s. After repair in 2003 the Senior Boys Boarding House used it as a perpetual Trophy until 2005. The Hind family contacted the school and requested a photograph of the trophy in 2005.
Large, silver, double-handle trophy; ornate engraving and fluting on silver stem, handles and cup; light wooden stand with blank plaque attached; small engraved plaque on stand also;
Inscriptions & markings
Inscribed on face of bowl: Senior cup / 1911 / Presented by / O B C A / H Y Hind Inscribed on rear of bowl: Ballarat College crest