Uniting Church Archives - Synod of Victoria, Malvern East
B & W photograph of a group of 21 male and female students and staff members of the Otira Methodist Home Missionary Training College, taken outdoors. The photograph is mounted on brown card.
Pictured: Charles Adams, Douglas Brimacombe, Harold Hoare, Reg Williams, Will Bromley, Harold Crothers, Harry Bock, Don Allen, Howard Kettle, Bob Brown, Athol McGregor, Will Broadbent, Sister Gwen Lechte, Marge Holden (Brimacombe), Mrs Holden, Lois Atkins. Front row: Rev. Joseph Snell, Rev. Tom Rentoul, Rev. A.T. Holden, Rev. J.R. Harcourt, Rev. R. Ditterich.
"Otira" was built in 1887 for Mr. Henry Berry, owner of a large wholesale grocery business. In 1923, the property was acquired by the Methodist Church for use as a home mission training college.