Photograph - HMAS Australia
From the Collection of Geelong RSL Sub Branch 50 Barwon Heads Road Belmont Victoria
- A colour photograph of HMAS Australia (D84) in a gold colour frame.
- 32.2 cm x 26.2 x 1.5 cm
- hmas australia (84), ran, heavy class cruiser
- The HMAS Australia (D84) was launched in March 1927, commissioned in April 1928 and de commissioned in August 1954. The HMAS Australia (D84) was a County-class heavy cruiser of the Royal Australian Navy.
- Late 20th Century
- No makers listed. (Maker)
- The HMAS Australia (D84) was Commissioned in 1928 and de Commissioned in 1954. These photographs show the ship during her service in the Leyte Gulf and Lingayen Gulf 1944 - 1945.
- There are six (6) small photographs of the HMAS Australia during its period at sea at Leyte Gulf and Lingayen 1944-1945.
There is a history of the dates/time the ship was attacked and the personnel losses per attack.
The photograph has been signed by D E Shinkfield.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:12AM