This is the program for the dinner celebrating Warrnambool’s 150th anniversary. Warrnambool was established in 1847 as a planned town in response to the need for a new port to be established to service the pastoralists who had occupied land nearby. Superintendent La Trobe authorized the establishment of the town and probably gave it its name. The surveyor of the 250 acre grid that today comprises most of the Central Business District was William Pickering. The 150th anniversary celebrations were organized by an 150th Anniversary Committee headed by Frank Jacobs
This program is of minor interest as a memento of the important 150th anniversary celebrations held in Warrnambool in 1997.
This is a buff-coloured A3–size sheet folded into three to make six pages of printed material. These include sepia-tone photographs, the menu for the dinner, the official crest of the Warrnambool City Council and the 150th anniversary celebrations logo
Inscriptions & markings
Front cover: ‘Official 150th Anniversary Dinner, 17th February 1997’