This plaque has been attached to a Warrnambool installation in 1933. It is not known to which site this refers but it may have been the Warrnambool Information Pavilion which was erected outside the old Warrnambool City Council Chambers. There have been many Warrnambool Chambers of Commerce over the years. These were established by Warrnambool businessmen and women to promote the interests of the town/city and to encourage the development of local industry and the tourism trade.
This plaque is of great local interest but unfortunately does not have a clear provenance.
This is a small brass plaque. The plaque has four holes at each corner for attachment to a building or other object.
Inscriptions & markings
‘Erected by the Chamber of Commerce, Warrnambool, 1933’