Medalion - Anzac Commemorative Medalion
From the Collection of 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection Building 129 Carlisle Drive North Bandiana Vic
- Bronze medallion featuring Simpson and donkey on obverse and map of Australia and New Zealand on reverse. Issued in 1967 to surviving persons who had served at Gallipoli and NOK of deceased servicemen.
- 80mm x 50mm x 4mm
- huf, gallipoli, anzac commemorative medalion
- Medallion was issued to Miss Edna Huf of Albury, sister of No 533 Sergeant Carl Wilhelm Huf, 7th Battalion AIF who died at sea on HMT "Royal George" on 13 May 1915 of wounds received at Gallipoli and buried in Chatly Cemetery Egypt. Huf was aged 20. Miss Edna Huf donated the medallion together with other items to 8/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Collection prior to her death at Albury.
- Part of a collection of items relating to the service and death of a single Australian soldier in WWI which was kept by his sister and passed to a local military collection for keeping shortly before her death in Albury.
- Inscribed on lower portion of reverse "CW Huf"
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:12AM