From the Collection of Learmonth and District Historical Society 326 High Street Learmonth Victoria
- This Washing Machine is made of wood and the main barrel part is a rectangular shaped box with slopping sides.On the top is the lid and a handle.It is set on a stand which allowes it to be used with a rocking motion.
- 118 cms L x 39 cms W x 33 cms H.(main body) 100cms H x 86 cms W.(on stand)
- washing machine 1876.household appliance
- This is an early example of a mechanical device for the washing of clothes.It worked on a rocking motion making the chore of washday easier for the housewife.
- Circa 1876
- F.Wolter & Echberg (Washing Machine makers)
- This is an early example of a mechanical device for washing of clothes.
- F.WOLTER & ECHBERG"S PATENT WASHING MACHINE .NO 2955. 6 RUSSELL STREET MELBOURNE.ROYAL LETTERS PATENT GRANTED 1876.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:12AM