From the Collection of Shelford Girls' Grammar 3 Hood Crescent Caulfield Victoria
- Metal tie pin featuring the crest of Shelford Church of England Grammar School. The crest is silver and dark royal blue and features a large silver "S" in the centre of a blue oval. The oval features the words "Querite Primo Regnum Dei. St Mary's C of E". A banner underneath reads "CAULFIELD"
- 4.8 x 1.3 x 0.5 cm
- shelford, shelford church of england girls grammar school, shelford girls grammar, st. mary's, church of england, canon langley, w. e. l. wears
- This tie pin features the school crest used by Shelford Girls Grammar during the period 1922-1955 when the school was known as a Church of England Girls Grammar School. The school was closely linked to St Mary's Church of England, Glen Eira Rd, Caulfield, Victoria. The badge was designed by Canon Langley and Mr. W.E.L. Wears in 1922 when the school was taken over by the Church of England. The motto means "Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God."
- This tie pin is representative of tie pins worn by all students at Shelford C.E.G.G.S during the period 1922-1955. It forms an official part of the school uniform at that time.
- STOKES stamped on reverse
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:12AM