Wringer / Mangle.
From the Collection of Learmonth and District Historical Society 326 High Street Learmonth Victoria
- This Mangle constists of two wooden rollers on a flat ledge,supported by an iron frame.On the side is a large wheel with handle,to turn the rollers,.at the top is a wheel to tighten the roller pressure.
- 64 cms D x 84 cms W x158 cms H.
- ironmongers.laundry equipment.mecanical device
- Mangles were used to speed up the process of drying clothes by removing excess water.Unfortunately the history of this particular mangle is not known nor where it was used .
- Circa late 1800
- G.H.Nicoll & Co.-Dundee
- An example of early laundry equipment.
- G.H.Nicoll & Co. Dundee.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:12AM