magazine - CRB News
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A 19 pp magazine, titled CRB ( Country Roads Board) News. It is dated August 1976. On the front cover is a coloured photograph of a truck carrying cars. In the background is a road bridge. It contains an article on the Princes Highway, Gippsland.
- H-295mm W-207mm
- magazine journal-crb-news princes-highway
- The Country Roads Board was the government authority for the construction and maintenance of main roads in Victoria between 1913 and 1983. It was succeeded by the Road Construction authority on 1 July 1983 and later merged with the Road Traffic Authority on July 1 1989 to form the Roads Corporation.
James Cameron, an Orbost farming pioneer and Member of the Legislative Assembly, fathered the Country Roads Board.
- August 1975
- Country Roads Board (maintenance and construction of roads in Victoria)
- This item is a useful research source on the Princes Highway, Gippsland.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:12AM