Historical information

Warrnambool Bowls’ club was established in 1890. The club was initially established in Liebig St and was the sole club in Warrnambool before the establishment of St. John’s Bowls club in 1926. Warrnambool City Memorial Bowling club was established in 1950 with Lawn tennis and Dennington following in the 1960’s.It was around 1990 that the club moved from Liebig St to Timor St on the site of the St Joseph’s tennis courts.


Mementos of two local clubs which have a long association with the town and which are still operating today.

Physical description

001043.1 Roughly five sided badge with picture of lighthouse in blue and white, surrounded by dark blue with bronze coloured writing. Pin at back.
001043.2 Oval shaped with dark green border with text surrounding light green centre. Brass coloured emblem of Warrnambool War Memorial. Back has pin clasp.

Inscriptions & markings

001043.1 Warrnambool Bowls Club
001043.2 City Memorial Bowling Club Warrnambool on front of badge and Pitcher Melb on back.