Historical information

After the closure or the Ballarat Gaol the space was taken over by the Ballarat SChool of Mines and the gaol building was demolished. The E.J. Tippett Library is now on the site of the former Gaol building.

Physical description

Copy of 1928 plans for the Ballarat Gaol, with two Ballarat School of Mines buildings marked on it - The Student Amenities building and the Learning Resource Centre (E.J. Tippett Library). It shows a 'future Teaching Building' which was never built.