From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- Two hand-made bows - accessories for a dress or blouse. 2483.14 is a yellow/gold colour made of satin or rayon. It is a bow with a long hanging tail. 2483.15 consists of 4 strips of green, red and black material gathered together with a safety pin.
- 2483.14 : H-730mm W-625mm ; 2483.15 : H-520mm W-20mm
- dress-accessories fashion burton-marjorie clothing
- These bows would have been attached to either the front of a blouse or back of a long dress as an accessory to change an outfit or give it style. It was probably worn by Mrs Whiteman and passed on to her daughter Marjorie Burton.
- firts half 20th century
- Whiteman, Mrs (Maker)
- This item is an example of a handcrafted item and reflects the handcraft skills of women in the first half of the twentieth century.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:12AM