Historical information

This reproduction photograph was donated in 1986 during research for the first history of the school, 'The Westbourne and Williamstown Grammar Schools: A History of the First 120 Years (1867-1986)' by historian Joseph Johnson. It pictures female students in 1954. The students are pictured at Holy Trinity Hall which was situated behind the Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Nelson Place, Williamstown. The hall was located on the corner of Aitken and Pasco Streets, Williamstown, and was home to the school for 41 years from 3 February 1915.

In 2008, Holy Trinity Williamstown approached the school to take possession of and relocate the heritage listed building, so that the church could redevelop its property.The relocation of Holy Trinity Hall was an enormous task and very large commitment by Westbourne Grammar to its heritage. Considerations included cost, relocation logistics, architectural conservation, modern building codes and educational facility standards.

In 2010, after more than two years of process between the Anglican Church and Westbourne Grammar, including approval from Heritage Victoria and assistance from the Labour government's Building the Education Revolution program, the Holy Trinity Hall was moved to the Truganina campus and once again became a site of gathering and learning for Westbourne Grammar students.

Physical description

Black and white reproduction photograph. The image shows four rows of girls standing before a side wall of Holy Trinity Hall. A window is present behind the group of students and another window can be seen in the top right hand corner of the image.

Inscriptions & markings

On the verso, "1954 Girls" in black ink and "79" in a circle in blue ink.