Medals 293 Hughie McLean
From the Collection of Geelong RSL Sub Branch 50 Barwon Heads Road Belmont Victoria
- 3 x Medals - 1914-1915 Star, British War Medal 1914-1918, Victory Medal 1914-1919
- 293 hughie mclean, 32 aust inf battalion, kia, france
- 293 Hughie McLean was a Victorian born in Tamagulla, Victoria. Hughie McLean was living in Adelaide when he enlisted on 30 June 1915 and joined 'K' Group Base Infantry. 293 Hughie McLean was subsequently posted to 32 Australian Infantry Battalion and Killed in Action
in France on the 19 July 1916.
32 Australian Intantry Battalion was raised as part of the 8th Brigade at Mitcham, South Australia.
- Early 21st century
- There are no makers names (Maker)
- 293 Hughie McLean was a Victorian man who was living in Adelaide at the time of his enlistment 30 June 1915. He was Killed in Action on 19 July 1916 in France. 293 Hughie McLean's original Medals were forwarded to his brother Mr J W McLean on 22 July 1922.
- The Medals are reproductions, there are no markings or names
- 29 Sep 2019 at 4:40PM