In 1958 the Ballarat Teachers' College moved from Dana Street Primary School to a custom built college in Gillies Street. Accommodation again became a problem in 1968 with the introduction of the three year Diploma of Teaching (Primary) course. On 19 December 1972 the State College of Victoria Act received Royal Assent. The Act restructured the teacher training policies of Victoria. Ballarat was one of the State Teachers' Colleges which until 30th June 1973, was under Education Department control. Ballarat Teachers' College was renames the State College of Victoria at Ballarat and had its own governing council. In 1975 State College of Victoria at Ballarat moved to the Ballarat Institute of Advanced Education campus at Mount Helen, and the name was changed to Ballarat College of Advanced Education.
Small, green, soft covered booklet. Th book includes course, regulations, assessments, subject details, general information, art collection overview and student organisations. A good history of the evolution of the Ballarat Teachers' College and State College Victoria at Ballarat (SCVB) is given.
Inscriptions & markings
'Mr P. Fryar' on front cover. Signed 'Peter Fryar' on inside front page.