Historical information

This image shows the elaborate lookout tower which has since had the cantilevered section removed. The face stonework has since been covered with cement render. The residence next door is believed to have been built for Dr. R. Pinnock, in 1877.


Previously unknown image of Ballarat. The set and its subjects indicate these images were produced to promote Ballarat and were perhaps aimed at tourists.

Physical description

Ballarat City Fire Station, nw corner Sturt and Raglan Streets, erected 1860.