John James Davis (J.J. Davis) was Australia's most decorated NCO in the Vietnam conflict. This plaque commemorates the deeds he performed and medals received.
Framed ceremonial medal board for JJ Davis. The piece includes a service photograph of JJ Davis in uniform, a fabric patch with the Australian Coat of Arms, five metal pins and 13 replica medals as listed below. The information plaque states '5411313 WO1 J.J. DAVIS, SB St J, MM, JP - RAAMC - 30 JAN 1963 - 30 JAN 1986.
The five metal pins are:
1. Returned Services League Australia
2. Returned Active Service
4. Royal Australian Army Medical Corps
5. Knife surrounded by laurel leaves.
Replica medals included are:
1. Military Medal
2. Australian Active Service Medal 1945-75, Vietnam
3. Vietnam Medal
4. Defence Force Medal with 1st Clasp
5. National Medal
6. Australian Defence Medal
7. St John 12 Year Long Service Medal with five year clasp
8. Silver Star (Unites States of America)
9. Gallantry Cross with Bronze Star (South Vietnam)
10. The Armed Forces Honour Medal (2nd Class) (South Vietnam)
11. Civil Action Medal (2nd Class) (South Vietnam)
12. Vietnamese Campaign Medal
13. ACT Emergency Service Medal (2003 Bushfires)