Historical information

The Circuit was built in the 1950's and opened in 1956. The circuit was closed in 1962 due to lack of finance for repair work to the track. In 1964 Len Lukey purchased the cirtuit and reopened in 1967, but once again was closed in 1978 as not suitable for modern racing. It was used only for Historic Rallies and the like until 1982. In 1985 The Circuit was purchsed by Placetac Pty Ltd. The Circuit was refurbished in 1988. In 1989 The Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix - 1st World Championship Round - was held at the Circuit on 9th April. 2004 the Circuit and surrounding land was purchased by The Linfox Group who still own it to this day (8/10/2016).

Physical description

Black & White aerial view of the Phillip Island Grand Prix Race Track with Bass Strait in the background and painting of 1932 Grand Prix

Inscriptions & markings

J. D. Payne - Commercial Photographer, Rice Street, Moorabbin. Phone: XL 3144