Historical information

St. James' Anglican Church, Orbost, was conceived and built as a memorial to the men 'who served and suffered during the Great War' as noted on the foundation stone. The Right Reverend GH Cranswick, DD, Bishop of Gippsland, laid the stone on 1 October 1927.
This parish newsletter was published regularly to inform church members of all the latest news, events and information.


For many years the Anglican people of Orbost have enjoyed the fellowship of the church and the children, in particular, were socially and spiritually involved. This item is reminiscent of the first half of the 20th century when church-going was more common.

Physical description

A four page newsletter titled, Parish Messenger for Orbost, November 1933, Vol 6 -No 83. It lists the services, times, meetings and news. The rector at the time was Rev. K.E. Hamilton.