Photograph HMAS Bathurst
From the Collection of Geelong RSL Sub Branch 50 Barwon Heads Road Belmont Victoria
- Photograph of HMAS Bathburst., An oblong photograph, colour, kodac paper, a colour photograph of HMAS Bathurst a Bathurst Class Corvette.
- Photograph size 10.05 cm x 6.03 cm
- HMAS Bathurst (J158) named after the City of Bathurst NSW is the lead ship of 60 Bathurst class corvettes that were constructed during WW2.
The Bathurst was constructed in 1940 her early career was spent operating with the British Eastern Fleet. Bathurst returned to Australian waters in 1944 and was deployed to New Guinea i n 1945. Bathurst was paid off in 1946 and sold for scrap in 1948.
- There were 60 Bathurst class corvettes constructed during WW2 the photograph in this collection is HMAS Bathurst the lead ship of 60.
In this collection there are photograph albums, diaries and documents relating to W2156 Noel G Hernan, Stoker, including Sailor's Pay Book, Balmoral Naval Depot Identity Card, Entitlement to War Gratuity, Clothing Ration Card 1945-46 Issue, letters, newspaper cuttings, train tickets, a booklet 'V for Victory, Notes for Guidance in the Wearing of Campaign Stars and War Medals on Civilian Clothes.
All of these items are the originals of W2156 Noel G Hernan and the photograph albums and diaries are those collected and amassed by W2156 Noel G Herman.
- There is an enlarged print of this colour photograph, framed. The large framed version is hanging in the Geelong RSL 1st Floor.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:12AM