Bell brought from Longerenong Homestead by former boundary rider William McClintock. Given to John Hamilton and used on his farm to call the men to dinner. In 1922 it was used as a school bell when Higher Elementary School classes began in the Firebrigade Hall and in the Methodist & Presbyterian hall untill the Murtoa H.E.S. was built in 1925 and their own bell was purchased. The bell was donated by Miss Grace Hamilton.
The Bell is significant as it was originally the property of William McClintock - one of the original settlers to obtain land in Murtoa around 1872. Its significance is enhanced by its connection to the Hamilton family and its use on the farm and later its use in the temporary school setting.
Metal bell with wooden handle and metal clapper