Tail Plane from 'Little Eva' crash
From the Collection of B-24 Liberator Memorial Restoration Australia Inc Corner Farm Rd & Princes Highway Werribee Victoria
- The tail plane/fin from the crash site of Liberator 'Little Eva'. This site is registered as Doomadgee Queensland Australia, approximate GPS Co-ordinates: Latitude -17 56 24 Longitude +138 49 47.
- Approximate 3 metres high by 1.5 metres wide
- little eva, 4123762, usaaf
- Commemoration of the crash of USAAF B-24 Liberator #41-23762 'Little Eva' of the 321st Squadron, 90th Bombardment Group based at Iron Range. Crashed near Burriejell waterhole at Moonlight Creek, Escott Station in far north Queensland on 2 December 1942. Two of the ten crewmen were rescued by the manager of Escott Station after 13 days of deprivation.
- Circa 1941/2
- Faded USAAF Insignia 41-23762
- 4 Jan 2018 at 12:00PM