A black and white photographic postcard
From the Collection of Port of Echuca 52 Murray Esplanade Echuca Victoria
- Black and white photographic postcard showing the Campaspe river, Echuca, in flood, with a man rowing a racing scull.
- H 8.7 X W 13.9
- campaspe river, echuca, echuca flood, 1906, rowing, echuca
- Photographic Postcards were very popular in the early 20th century and this shows the Campaspe river, Echuca in flood. The high water mark is exemplified by having the rower on the water. The water has inundated the surrounding bush with trees partly submerged along the right hand side of the photograph.
- Between 08/1906 - 10/1906
- Rowing clubs were popular in towns along the Murray river and this picturesque scene of the Campaspe river , Echuca in flood shows a man rowing a racing scull down the river.
- On face : "Campaspe River, Echuca". On reverse: printed in ink :" Post Card. This space may be used for correspondence. For address only. Place penny stamp here." In pencil is written: "Aug Sep Oct 1906 Flood" "Donation H V Evans 85 Fullers Rd Chatswood NSW." " Echuca Regional Library" is stamped but has been crossed out in pen.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:13AM