Photograph - Digital image - Janefield Precinct: Lone kangaroo
From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Victoria
- Digital colour photograph.
- raaf hygiene training camp janefield
- Janefield Precinct: Lone kangaroo. The remains of this site are between Greensborough and Janefield. A RAAF Hygiene Training Camp was located on the Plenty River, just south of the Janefield community. It was in use from 1944 to 1946. The Camp was constructed from salvaged materials. Instruction included building and maintenance of grease traps, latrines, elementary plumbing and carpentry.
- Marilyn Smith, Norm Colvin
- Early remains of a WW2 training camp
- 14 May 2017 at 12:51PM