Doctoral Thesis - "A History of Churchill Island Settlement, Land Use and the Making of a Heritage Site"
From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 246 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- A4 book, green hardback cover. Double sided print; b& w photos and maps
- churchill island, thesis, land use, settlement, heritage site, history, dr sanders, dr rebecca sanders
- Dr Sanders' doctoral thesis provides a historical overview of the myriad owners and occupiers of Churchill Island from 1850 - 1929 while contextualising it with models of forming and collecting public history. This thesis involves a significant amount of original research and provides clarity and information on the previously obscured history of the Churchill Island Heritage Farm and precinct.
- May 2015
- This thesis gives new and unique information relating to the history of Churchill Island and has future research potential
- "To the Friends of Churchill Island Society past, present and future./ Many thanks for your friendship and support. I could not have finished without you. /The errors that remain (and there are likely to be some!) are all my own fault./ I hope that this is of some use, even if I don't really solve the mystery of the location of the 1801 garden. May you forever "Preserve that which is precious". /Rebecca, 14th May 2016".
- 7 Jul 2020 at 4:16PM