Australian World War II silk map of Celebes
From the Collection of B-24 Liberator Memorial Restoration Australia Inc Corner Farm Rd & Princes Highway Werribee Victoria
- An oblong, cream colour, single-sided map printed in black and white with brown contours, Celebes
- 59 cm x 85 cm
- world war ii, silk maps, australia, a185
- Silk and rayon maps were produced by Australia, Great Britain (some 1.75 million in total) and the United States (c.7.5 million) during World War II. They were issued to Allied military personnel as part of 'escape and evasion' kits.
- This silk map, one of relatively few produced in Australia (most Australian RAAF pilots and crew were issued with British and US maps), is an original map from World War II.
- 'Prepared under the direction of RAAF Headquarters'
Celebes (with Insets 'A' to 'E')
- 16 Jan 2018 at 12:26PM