Australian World War II silk map of Banda Sea
From the Collection of B-24 Liberator Memorial Restoration Australia Inc Corner Farm Rd & Princes Highway Werribee Victoria
- An oblong, cream colour, single-sided map printed in black and white with brown contours, Banda Sea
- 88 cm x 59 cm
- world war ii, silk maps, australia, a186
- Silk and rayon maps were produced by Australia, Great Britain (some 1.75 million in total) and the United States (c.7.5 million) during World War II. They were issued to Allied military personnel as part of 'escape and evasion' kits.
- This silk map, one of relatively few produced in Australia (most Australian RAAF pilots and crew were issued with British and US maps), is an original map from World War II.
- Banda Sea (with Insets 'A' to 'E')
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:13AM