British World War II silk map of Sumatra (South) and Java (Extreme North West) and on reverse Borneo (South West), Java and Sumatra (Extreme South)
From the Collection of B-24 Liberator Memorial Restoration Australia Inc Corner Farm Rd & Princes Highway Werribee Victoria
- A multi-coloured, contoured, double-sided map printed on rayon, 1944 Series South West Pacific Area (SWPA) and Asia
- 60 cm x 89 cm
- world war ii, silk maps, great britain, a187
- Silk and rayon maps were produced by Great Britain (some 1.75 million in total), the United States (c.7.5 million) and Australia during World War II. They were issued to Allied military personnel as part of 'escape and evasion' kits.
- This map, printed on rayon, is an original British 'escape and evasion' kit map from World War II.
- Sheet G Sumatra (South) and Java (Extreme North West) and, on the reverse, Sheet H Borneo (South West), Java and Sumatra (Extreme South)
- 16 Jan 2018 at 2:20PM