US World War II multi-coloured map on acetate rayon, printed on both sides, AAF Cloth Map - Southwest Pacific Area, Side 1 - No. 22 Southwestern and No. 26 East Java, Side 2 - No. 25 Timor
From the Collection of B-24 Liberator Memorial Restoration Australia Inc Corner Farm Rd & Princes Highway Werribee Victoria
- A multi-coloured, contoured, double-sided map printed on acetate rayon
- 93 cm x 82 cm
- world war ii, silk maps, united states of america, a188
- Silk and rayon maps were produced by the United States (c. 7.5 million in total), Great Britain (some 1.75 million in total) and Australia during World War II. They were issued to Allied military personnel as part of 'escape and evasion' kits.
- This map, printed on acetate rayon, is an original US 'escape and evasion' kit map from World War II.
- AAF Cloth Map - Southwest Pacific Area
Side 1 - No. 22 Southwestern and No. 26 East Java
Side 2 - No. 25 Timor
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:13AM