Historical information

Puffing Billy Preservation Society 50th Anniversary sign This is the large poster board that was erected at Lakeside to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Puffing Billy Preservation Society in 2005. Established in 1955, the Puffing Billy Preservation Society was formed to operate the narrow gauge trains between Upper Fern Tree Gully and Belgrave following the successful Young Sun specials. With the conversion of the Upper Fern Tree Gully to Belgrave line to broad gauge track, the Puffing Billy Preservation Society was the instigator of restoring the Puffing Billy Railway from Belgrave to Menzies Creek in 1962, Menzies Creek to Emerald in 1965 and Emerald to Lakeside in 1975 and in association with the Emerald Tourist Railway Board, Lakeside to Gembrook in 1998.

Significance

Historic - Puffing Billy Preservation Society - Station Sign - for the 50th Anniversary of the Preservation Society

Physical description

Puffing Billy Preservation Society 50th Anniversary sign Large rectangle metal sign - off white back ground with black lettering

Inscriptions & markings

Puffing Billy Preservation Society 1955 - 50th Anniversary - 2005 1900 . Line opened by Victorian Railways 1953 . Landslide - Line closed by V.R 1955 . Society established 1962 . Re-opened by Society Today still predominantly volunteer - operated