In 1869 the Council moved to name this park "Victoria Park. The cricket pitch construction began in 1873 and major improvements to the ground were undertaken in 1881. It is still the primary sporting ground in Echuca, offering AFL football oval, cricket pitch and nets, athletics and entry to the Echuca boat ramp and the natural bush land of the scenic drive. It also houses Echuca Council caravan park. The signage in this photograph is no longer there and the enterance to the caravan park has moved.
This area of Echuca has historically been a major recreational area for the town. Being the primary sporting ground since its establishment in 1869., the area has a number of sporting and recreational facilities for the people of Campaspe Shire, from natural bush walks in and along the Murray river to more formal facilities such as AFL football ground, firefighting training area, netball courts, cricket pitch and nets, and grass tennis courts.
Colour photograph (post-card size) of directory signs to entrance of Victoria Park, Echuca taken facing north. Two driveways are shown, to the east "Caravan Park" and to the west , "Victoria Park", "Boat ramp", " Scenic drive"
Inscriptions & markings
Printed in black on the reverse:"this paper manufactured by Kodak"