Historical information

MS Princess of Tasmania was an Australian-built roll-on/roll-off passenger ship, built by the State Dockyard in Newcastle, New South Wales for the Australian National Line. Laid down on 15 November 1957, she was launched on 15 December 1958. The Princess of Tasmania sailed on her maiden voyage on 23 September 1959. On entering service, she was used on the Devonport to Melbourne route across Bass Strait. The ship continued operating until 1972,

Physical description

Five silver-plated forks and one spoon. The sugar spoon is a souvenir of the Princess of Tasmania. 1590.2 and .5 are narrow forks. 1590.3 and .4 have splayed tines. 1590.6 is a cake fork.

Inscriptions & markings

On back of spoon : EP&NS *1
Various marks on backs of forks with EP&NS