Historical information

In February 1913 the Ballarat Junior Technical School opened its doors to its 86 pupils. The old bluestone building in the grounds of the Dana Street Primary School became their temporary for eight years. In its early years the school offered only a two-year course. The first year was of a general nature giving a thorough grounding in Mathematics and Instrumental Drawing, and introducing students to the various branches of trade work. The second-year students studied for the Junior Technical Certificate and specialized in a course of their choice - either a trade (Woodwork or Fitting and Turning) or a course leading to higher studies at the School of Mines.
This pamphlet was provided to parents whose boys wished to attend the new secondary school.

Physical description

Four page pamphlet outlining what the Junior Technical School aims to provide for boys who have reached a certain level of education and wish to study further. Areas covered are Day Courses, First Year Course, Second Year Course, Reduced Tram and Railway Fares, Free Tram and Railway Travelling and Compulsory Drill.