15 NBH - Passenger Carriage - Excursion Car
From the Collection of Puffing Billy Railway School Rd Menzies Creek Victoria
- 15 NBH - Passenger Carriage - Excursion Car
made of steel and timber
- Length Overall: 27' 4" ( 8330 mm ) Width: 6' 3" ( 1905 mm ) Height Overall: 9' 2 " ( 2794 mm ) Tare Weight: 7 tons fully loaded Nominal Passenger Capacity: 28 Gauge: 2' 6"
- victorian railways, puffing billy railway
- 15NBH - Excursion Car
Body built by Puffing Billy Preservation Society 1976.
NBH - SECOND CLASS EXCURSION CAR. The H was recognising their use for "Holiday" traffic. Originally 15 of these cars were built in 1919 and numbered 1-15. Four were broken up prior to 1962, and replaced with new vehicles in 1975-76. Two more were built in 1981, and numbered 16 & 17. Two extended versions for wheelchair passengers were built in 1981 & 1983. These were numbered 51 & 52 - a separate number series due to the different type of vehicle.
Six, numbered 18-23, were built in 1997-98. These had steel frames, padded seats, and a wide "window sill". At first glance they look the same as the previous NBHs. There are other minor construction differences due to the use of steel framing. 18NBH entered traffic 19/4/1997; 19NBH on 5/12/1997; 20NBH on 19/12/1997, the others added in 1998.
VR Service History
8/12/1919 NWS Built new
*NBH 15.VA - 8/12/1919 NWS Built new -
/ 3/1928 - Modified AC Malco BO
circa 1955 - Condemned -
1/ 7/1962 - Scrapped.
Replica body built by Puffing Billy Preservation Society 1976.
Puffing Billy Service History or Notes
8 Dec 1919 - Nos 7 to 15 NBH (new) delivered to UPPER FERN TREE GULLY after this date.
- July 1976
- Puffing Billy Preservation Society (Body only) (Maker)
- Historic - Victorian Railways Narrow Gauge - Passenger Rolling Stock: Excursion Car
- 7 Nov 2019 at 11:58AM