From the Collection of Maldon Vintage Machinery Museum Inc Vincents Road Maldon Victoria
- Horizontal steam engine driving a flat belt pulley.
Pulley shaft at right angles to engine shaft also carries a large flywheel.
A mechanical oiler mounted on the engine base is activated by the engine valve shaft.
Engine cylinder and valve housing painted dark green.
Engine base, pulley and flywheel painted maroon.
Oiler painted mid green.
- Engine L 246 x W 75 x H 70 cm Flywheel and pulley component L 195 x W 152 x H 152 cm
- VMVM 67
- machinery; engines; steam power source
- Thought to be the world's only working example of this engine.
Used for driving overhead shafts in workshops, sawmills etc.
Restored by members of the MVMM.
Found at the Demsters property Shelbourne.
- C 1849
- Thought to be the only one of its kind in the world.
- On engine valve box cover - Light green cast iron oval plate with "Cornelius Pettet / Engineer / Edinburgh"
Brass plate on oiler - "Delvac Mechanical Lubricator / Design No 18376 / Made for and supplied by / Vacuum Oil Company Pty. Ltd. / Australia"
- 9 May 2017 at 6:53PM