From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 1 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Model Lady Nelson ship modeltender - smaller life boat. Wood, cardboard. Three bench seats and stern seating. Clinker built. 3 sets rowlocks, no oars.
- 6.4 cm wide; 15.8 cm long; 4.5 cm deep
- lady nelson, model boat, david lumsden, churchill island, western port, port phillip bay
- The Lady Nelson was the first decked ship to enter Western Port in 1801 under the command of Lt James Grant. She returned later in the year under the command of Murray. She carried a gig and a smaller tender, of which this is a model.
- The model ship and tender are as exact replications of the actual ship and boats as is possible to obtain through research, basic hull plans available and interpretation by the model builder.
- 4 Apr 2017 at 1:16PM