Book - The Cathedral Psalte
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a hard cover book containing musical notations and text. The cover is black with embossed lettering and ornamental patterns on the front. The cover has come apart from the binding and has been re-attached with brown tape. The inscriptions are handwritten in black ink and pencil. There is some scribble on the back page. The cover is torn at the edges and the first and last pages are a little tattered.
- W 13.6 cm. H 20.5 cm. D 1.4 cm.
- history of warrnambool, st. paul’s anglican church allansford
- This book has had two owners – St. Paul’s Anglican Church Allansford and Cecil Snook of Toorak but it is not known who had the book first. Nothing is known of Cecil Snook and the name does not appear to be of local interest. St. Paul’s Anglican Church in Allansford was established in 1882. It became part of the Panmure Parish in 1936 and in 1951 it was transferred to the Warrnambool Parish.
- Early 20th century
- This book is of interest as an example of a music book used at St. Paul’s Anglican Church in Allansford early in the 20th century.
- ‘St. Paul’s Allansford’
‘All Saints Grammar School, East St. Kilda, Cecil Snook. 2 Baxter Street, Toorak, 11-6-1916’
- 29 Apr 2017 at 4:36PM