Mug - "Graham" Sadler 97
From the Collection of Warrnambool and District Historical Society Inc. 2 Gilles Street (south of Merri St) Warrnambool Victoria
- This is a ceramic mug with a brown and orange glaze. On one side it has the name ‘Graham’ in white and brown glazing. The name of the maker is on the base.
- H 9 cm. Diameter of base: 6.5 cm. Diameter of open top: 7.5 cm.
- ken sadler, potter, history of warrnambool
- This is an earthenware mug made by Ken Sadler in 1997. In 1972 he established the Potters’s Wheel, a pottery business in Liebig Street, Warrnambool and conducted this business for many years. It is presumed that mugs such as this one would be made to order with the requested name added to the side of the mug.
- This mug is of interest as a memento of the work and business of the Warrnambool potter, Ken Sadler.
‘Sadler 97 Warrnambool’
- 17 Jul 2017 at 11:59AM