newspaper - Snowy River Mail
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A Snowy River Mail newspaper dated 17.1.1968. It contains news items, photographs and advertisements in black/white print.
- H-452mm W-311mm
- newspaper snowy-river-mail
- The Snowy River Mail is a weekly newspaper published in Orbost in the Shire of East Gippsland, Victoria, Australia. Previously published as The Snowy River mail and Tambo and Croajingolong gazette from 1890 to 1911. The Gippsland Courier merged with the Snowy River Mail when proprietor Lachlan Ross moved to Orbost in 1910. In 1999 the paper was acquired by the Yeates family when the Hollins family retired from the newspapers business
The paper is still being produced by the fourth generation of the Yeates family as part of East Gippsland Newspapers.
- Snowy River Mail (newspaper publisher)
- This newspaper is a contemporary record of local events.
- 6 Apr 2017 at 12:10PM