newspapers - Snowy River Mail
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- A cardboard box of black/white newspapers. There are 32 issues of the Snowy River Mail from 1988. All contain news reports, articles, photographs and advertisements.
- H-440mm W-282mm
- newspapers snowy-river-mail
- The Snowy River Mail is a weekly newspaper published in Orbost in the Shire of East Gippsland, Victoria, Australia. Previously published as The Snowy River mail and Tambo and Croajingolong gazette from 1890 to 1911. The Gippsland Courier merged with the Snowy River Mail when proprietor Lachlan Ross moved to Orbost in 1910. In 1999 the paper was acquired by the Yeates family when the Hollins family retired from the newspapers business. The paper is still being produced by the fourth generation of the Yeates family as part of East Gippsland Newspapers.
- Snowy River Mail (newspaper publisher)
- These newspapers are a useful reference tool as they contain contemporary reports of local events.
- 11 Apr 2017 at 10:29AM