This booklet was given to subscribers to the Warrnambool Standard newspaper as an almanac for the year 1914. The Warrnambool Standard Almanacs were produced annually from 1875 to 1930. They contain much local information on Warrnambool and district about businesses, government officials, harbour management, large landowners, banks, churches, schools, societies and organizations etc. The Warrnambool Standard newspaper was established in 1872 and continues to this day.
This booklet is of high significance as it contains valuable information about Warrnambool and district for the year 1914. It is an important research tool for those studying and writing the history of Warrnambool and district. This copy has the name ‘Mr Cameron’ on the front over but no details have been found on him and it is not known if he was the original owner of this booklet.
This is a soft cover booklet of 115 pages. It has several advertisements at the front and the back of the booklet. The back cover is missing and the front cover has a yellow background with black lettering and a black and white photograph of the Warrnambool Breakwater. The covering on the spine is partly torn away. The booklet is bound with metal staples and contains some photographs in blue tonings and some in black and grey tonings. There are also other illustrations. The writing on the front cover is handwritten in black ink.
Inscriptions & markings
‘(When the wild geese come)’