Chiming pendulum wall clock
From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 1 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Wooden cased pendulum clock with two decorative gold coloured glass panel inserts above the clock face, which has brass hands and white enamel background to blue painted numbers. Small hook and eye fastener on left hand side to open clock face. Two heavy iron pendulums - one larger than the other. Turn wooden decorations on top half of case.
- cabinet: 40 cm wide; 68 cm long; 20 cm deep. Glass 19 cm diameter
- chiming clock, pendulum, sr margaret campbell, churchill island, harry jenkins
- This clock was donated to the Phillip Island & District Historical Society Inc by Sister Margaret Campbell on her departure from Churchill Island where she lived for many years. The clock had been owned by the owner prior to Sr Campbell, Harry Jenkins, and had passed to Sr Campbell with the property when Harry died in 1963. The society committee was asked by its secretary Christine Grayden, also curator of Churchill Island, if the clock could be returned to display in Amess House, and they agreed. The donation form was signed on behalf of the PIDHS by committee member John Jansson.
- circa 1930
- The clock was originally located in Amess House Churchill Island from the 1930s to 1973 when it was given to the Phillip Island & District Historical Society, who donated it back to Churchill Island in 2016.
- 13 Apr 2017 at 1:52PM